I've struggled with Veda's sleeping habits since she was about 9 months old. About a month ago we retired the crib and now Veda sleeps on the futon with a baby guard rail. She can get off the bed herself - it sits low enough to the ground but she won't roll off. Usually in the middle of the night I hear her wake up on the monitor - she can't get herself back to sleep on her own because she's scared to be alone. Twice in the last week I did NOT hear her wake up. Last week we found her in the hall bathroom crying at 5am because she was lost. Last night I woke up at 4am and she was climbing into bed with us. I don't know if I should be terrified that our 15 month (almost 16) is walking around at night by herself - or happy that she isn't trying to crawl out of a crib with a good chance she would land on her head.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Night Owl
I've struggled with Veda's sleeping habits since she was about 9 months old. About a month ago we retired the crib and now Veda sleeps on the futon with a baby guard rail. She can get off the bed herself - it sits low enough to the ground but she won't roll off. Usually in the middle of the night I hear her wake up on the monitor - she can't get herself back to sleep on her own because she's scared to be alone. Twice in the last week I did NOT hear her wake up. Last week we found her in the hall bathroom crying at 5am because she was lost. Last night I woke up at 4am and she was climbing into bed with us. I don't know if I should be terrified that our 15 month (almost 16) is walking around at night by herself - or happy that she isn't trying to crawl out of a crib with a good chance she would land on her head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't really give good advice on this since I'm not a mom, but Janice swears by the Ferber method.
Could you put a baby gate up on her door? At least that way she would be contained and less likely to get hurt. Was she trying to climb out of the crib? Good grief!
Em - Great idea - never occured to gate her in her room! She did it again last night - woke me up in my bed at 3am. At least she knows where I am now.
Baby gate is a life saver and yes, contains! Gotta contain Kathy, gotta contain:)
Post a Comment