Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Saga Continues...

Another appointment with the Urologist this morning. Apparently the scan I had last week shows either a stone or a calcium deposit outside the urinary tract. He can't tell which it is because the area of the Ureter where the stone might be can't be seen in the scan so the stone is either in the Ureter or it's a calcium deposit just outside and parallell to the Ureter. Make sense? Took me a while to have him translate all this into English from his Dr. speak. He doesn't want to expose me to additional radiation (I've had 4 CT scans in the past 13 months) so he scheduled a bladder ultrasound for next week. If it confirms that a stone is present in the Ureter then surgery will be the week after. For those of you who wanted to know;))) Oddly enough I couldn't find an image of the female anatomy that showed kideney stones...

No comments: