Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy 60th!


In addition to celebrating Mother's Day yesterday Didi got to ring in another birthday year. Eight years ago yesterday Todd and I were stranded at a shady hotel outside Heathrow Airport near London. Our flight was cancelled and Todd called to wish his Mom a happy birthday from a toll booth and let her know that we wouldn't be making it home in time to walk the stage for our graution from the MBA program. We were only classmates back then. Never would have guessed his Mom would be Grandmother to MY three kids 8 years later!
We headed to the lake this weekend to help with the resturant and hotel. Happy we got to spend some time with Didi for her birthday. We'll be back soon...!

2 comments:

Emily said...

"Just classmates". Really? I remember this differently :-)

Kathy, Todd, Veda, Adele and Winston said...

Very funny Cornish... ok fine... officially we were no more than classmates. Unofficially, I can't say what we were on my blog;)