Thursday, April 22, 2010

She kind of gets it... again

So Todd returned home last night from a four day work trip. Veda was soooooo excited to see him and Ryan and I were soooooo excited she was in good spirits -- focusing her attention on Dad so we had a break. Todd took her for her bath and she decided that she wanted to perform on her potty for praise and attention. Clearly she understands the purpose of the potty, she generally just doesn't show interest in it and we don't push. So after cheers, high fives and knuckles for peeing in her potty... we put her in the tub.

I have a theory about what happened next and it's not that it was an accident. I think Veda was feeling so proud about her accomplishment that she decided she would top it. Yes - she delivered a category five poop in the tub. After the reaction she got from us for this performance (mass hysteria) I'm sure we left her totally confused about this potty thing. I hope we haven't scared her away from ever using the bathroom for number 2!

Again... I will note we are not potty training. The potty is there in the bathroom if she wants to use it but we really haven't even talked about it lately.

1 comment:

Emily said...

We're dying laughing at the "category five"!!!