Yale paid for my brother to fly to Japan yesterday. To do just what, I'm not completely sure at this point. I will post our communications with him so you can follow his adventure:
I'm in a bus with internet right now, heading for Kanagawa to the Nakamura's place. I'll be 300 miles away from the nuclear mess. I have a meeting in Kanagawa tomorrow with my old disaster preparedness group. My boss sent me an email saying he met with the head of seismology at the japan meteorological agency (i.e., the equivalent of the head of seismologyO at USGS and he said he mentioned me and also suggested that I could go to any international meetings if there are any.)
OK, more later, but just wanted to let you know that I'll be eating tempura in kanagawa with mama-san and papa-san, far from the nuclear mess, tonight, so rest assured knowing that.
More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment