Friday, April 22, 2011

My Horse Trigger

We had a funny Veda story from last week after my mom and I picked up the girls from Grandma & Grandpa Sayre's house.  Veda's really been into stories lately, so as she was in the back seat, my mom (Grandma Didi) started telling her about her horse Trigger from when she was little...she proceeds to tell her that she used to ride her all the time and it was her favorite friend...

Veda:  "I wanna ride Trigger"

Didi:  "You can't, Trigger is dead"

Veda: "Trigger is DEAD?"

Todd:  "You can't say that to her...."

Didi:  "Trigger didn't die, he fell asleep and didn't wake up"

Veda:  "OH!, can I see a picture of him."

Didi:  "Sure, when we get home..."

We proceed to go on about our drive...talking about randomness for the next 15 minutes with Veda.  During the first bit of silence, Veda bursts out a story....

Veda:  "When I was a little gawrl, I had a pony, his name was Trigger...I loved to ride Trigger and I took pictures with him...then he fell asleep and died."

Wow, I love how she completely ripped off Grandma Didi's story and took it as her own....I think she's warming up to be a politician...

No comments: