Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dr. Sayre!

Ryan's graduation was yesterday and it was pretty amazing to witness. I think it's pretty obvious we are incredibly proud of him. He has spent YEARS reading and writing and talking about stuff I can't begin to understand. Seriously - I went to a presentation he did once on campus and he asked me what I thought afterwards... I couldn't understand a single sentence that came out of his mouth and here I was in a room full of Yalies who were entranced by every word.

For those of you who don't know he graduated with a PhD in Anthropology. His thesis was related to disaster preparedness in Japan - although I don't remember the exact title - and you wouldn't understand it anyway;)

Cheers to you Ry and all of your friends!






1 comment:

Fraffy said...

Wow! That is fantastic! A Doctor! I know how hard he has worked and I remember all his trips to visit Japan. I can only imagine how proud the whole family must be. Not too many people accomplished to that point . I think Eric Metsgar (our old neighbor at Wicford) had his Doctorate in Anthropology. He lived next to Craig and was always going on trips to interesting places to study the people and their history.

Congratulations to all and I am sure he is glad to be done!

Now maybe he can make some money for all his hard work. Way to go.

Miss you guys!

Love,

Kathy and Tom