Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Early Morning in Geneva...

I landed in Geneva yesterday around 2pm...went straight into the office (which I was pretty impressed with given I only slept for a couple hours on the plane).  Fortunately, I was able to go to sleep around 9:30pm (with hopes of a great night sleep).  Unfortunately, I woke up around 2:30am WIDE AWAKE!  At that time in the morning, there isn't much to do besides turn on the TV.  Geneva is not known for it's great TV stations.  The average hotel TV typically has 3-4 French news channels, 2-3 British news channels, CNN (which I refuse to watch), 3-4 German Channels and then about 15 Arab channels (with quite a variety of programming).  Luckily for me, I found that if I turned up the volume REALLY loud on one of the Arab channels, I could actually hear the real sound (in English) to the movie.  Of course the movie was Honey I Shrunk the kids...not exactly Oscar caliber, but it was pretty exciting for an insomniac in Geneva.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who is in Geneva..Kathy or Todd? I must have missed something on one of your blogs. SOS