Friday, July 27, 2012

Discovering Veda



I just can not tell you enough how much I love Veda's school. More importantly, Veda LOVES her school. So much so that when she woke up this morning and found out it wasn't a school day she begged and begged for me to take her anyway. So I called and asked if I could pay for an extra day this week and off we went.

Everyday we get a summary email of the day's activities in the classroon and once a week they send a journal home with Veda with an update of her personal experiences. The journal is used for back and forth communication between the parents and teachers about the childrens' progress.

Here is today's entry from Ms. Meghan

We had an awesome week in Art Studio! Veda loved water day and getting to use a slip&slide! On Wednesday she helped us make "Power-Bars" with marshmellows and Fruity Pebbles. They were very colorful and tasted great!

Today we had a great field trip to Horsefeather farm! Veda was so excited and seemed amazed by everything! She got to see wallabies, including an albino wallaby, horses, donkeys, a minature deer, and swans! I think Veda's favorite part of the trip was searching for fossils. Each friend could take home one small fossil. Veda found so many and if she was allowed she would have taken them all (she would have taken the creek too)! The last activity at the farm Veda was introduced to Native American artifacts. She was one of a few friends still paying attention after the long day. She was excited to feel the different stones and rocks that they used as tools. Veda slso liked crushing the corn with a big stone! Veda did a great job listening on our triup and enjoyed it all.

No comments: