Sunday, July 29, 2012

Team USA!

Veda and Adele's classes held their own Olympics this past week in celebration of the London games. I had Veda wear sweat bands on both her head and arms. She was convinced this made her an official athlete. Now she won't take it off and she calls it her "sweating bar". Veda won a medal for "touching Miss Meghan's hand first at the end of the race" and Adele won a ribbon for "I kick a ball at school".

Four years ago we were watching the games in China and awaiting the arrival of Miss Veda. The night before she was born we stayed up until midnight watching Michael Phelps swim for the gold. Two hours later my water broke. I was thinking about this last night when we couldn't quit watching even though we knew the kids would have us up at the break of dawn. So far Veda says that the swimming is her favorite - she was a big fan of the opening ceremonies as well and all the kids jumping on the beds.

No comments: