Friday, August 3, 2012

Ear Piercing

Today on the way home from school, Veda mentioned her friend Johanna and the fact that her little sister had her ears pierced.  The following conversation ensued:

Veda - "Dad, Johanna's little sister has her ears pierced"
Dad - "Oh yeah, how old is she?"
Veda - "She's a 5 kid"
Dad - "You mean she's 5 months old?"
Veda - "Yeah, that's what I said"
Dad - "Are they clip on earrings or does it go all the way through?"
Veda - "It clips on and goes all the way through"
Dad - "Did you know that they poked that pin through her ear and it will stay there forever, until she is dead?"
Veda - "Really?  Then I don't want earrings until I get older"
Dad - "How old is that?"
Veda - "Hmm, until I am 16 years old and I'm really old"

Well, at least I deferred the conversation for another 12 years.  Short term win.  I'll take it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Nice work Dad! Every once in awhile we can still out smart them.