
I've recently been invited to volunteer for the Ventura County Wine and Cheese Festival (http://www.cpwineandcheesefestival.com/) that will be held just miles from our home at the Cal State Channel Islands campus. I'm so excited. This is exactly what I've been missing from my life in California - community, volunteer work, and networking. The festival procedes benefit Casa Pacifica (http://www.casapacifica.org/) - a home for abused and neglected children (also located a few miles from our home). I've passed this shelter many times on the way to the beach and often thought that it might be a bed and breakfast or some type of retreat. I'm warmed to know that good deeds are being done so close to our home and that children in serious need are getting the love they deserve.
If you live in So Cal you should plan to come to the festival and support a great cause (or fly in from wherever you roam and spend the weekend with us)! If you want to help me out you can donate something for the silent auction! Anything helps - we will be bundling baskets of goodies together if we need to. We are also looking for baskets and containers.
No comments:
Post a Comment