Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Recession

So many times during the day I feel heartbroken for all the people that are struggling right now to get on. I don't take it for granted that I have a home, a great job, and don't have to worry about how I'm going to feed my kids. I'm trying to follow all the details related to the bailout plan but it is all just a bit confusing to me. They just approved a $15k tax break for homebuyers in order to stimulate home purchases. If the people who are losing their jobs are the ones that need help paying for their homes - how does this help them - other than giving an extra incentive to the home buyers (clearly those that have jobs) who are purchasing homes that are in foreclosure? Anyway - I sure hope these politicians know what they're doing. I found out today that a family member has been let go due to cut-offs as a result of the recession. It has hit home and I am sad.

On a lighter note, Veda's "system" is back in order after a second day yesterday of dealing with the side effects of prunes;)

No comments: