Monday, April 20, 2009

Blah


That's how I feel. We spent all day at LAX on Saturday waiting on a delayed flight that ended up cancelled. We drove the long hour home and did it all over again on Sunday. We barely barely made our connection in Denver as our flight was delayed again and I was drenched in sweat and about ready to lose my mind. Sweet Veda wouldn't sit still on the flights and insisted on pulling the arm hair and trying to grasp the glasses off of the innocent airline customer seated next to us. As if sitting in the middle was not bad enough, he had to endure two hours of harassment. On the second flight I had to change a poopy diaper in the aisle and I didn't think twice about it. I even made the guy sitting next to us hold her while I made a bottle. I didn't ask - I just sat her down and she crawled up on his lap. I didn't stop her - I needed a moment to get organized whether he liked it or not. For the record - I think he did even though he looked very nervous;)
I got up early and drove to Chicago today for a meeting. Tomorrow we will drive to Ames for a meeting at Iowa State. Veda gets to come along as we are meeting up with Grandma Laabs and she will play with the Bean while I'm off working. Here's a pic of Veda. Exhauseted from playing with Nana and Bull all day she fell asleep in the splits!

3 comments:

kirsch said...

I'm exhausted just reading your blog!

Ms. Mayhem said...

This sounds misearble. The pic is adorable though, what a crack up.

Anonymous said...

Veda's a trooper. Love the picture of her sleeping...hope you plan to come into the office sometime. SOS