Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mile Marker


Veda had her one year check-up on Monday. She made it out without shots - whew. She weighed in at 25.03 lbs (95%). Her head was 90% and her height 90%. Her height to weight percentile is 90% so that means she's going on a diet;) Just a move from Whole milk to 1% for the time being.

The Dr. was impressed with her mobility, her language, and her ability to immitate. He was talking to her with his hands and she started to do the same - that gave him a good laugh.

My cousin Byron and his wife Andrea bought Veda baby crayons for her birthday - I wouldn't have ever thought of it and I certainly wouldn't have thought she could pick it up. But she did and she loves coloring! I also tried to let her feed herself with a spoon because I read somewhere she should be using one herself now - which I think is insane. I'm surprised that she can actually get the spoon to her mouth (with food) without a disaster. I guess I shouldn't underestimate her abilities!

No comments: