Veda spiked a little fever yesterday of 100.8. Probably a reaction to her shot the day before. Luckily she is as good as new this morning. Even yesterday a fever couldn't keep her from emptying the pantry - after she cleaned out the fridge and threw all my nicely folded dish towels on the floor - I should know better;)I participated in a conference call with our benefits office this morning to go over 2010 enrollment. Holy smokes... all the co-pays went up. It will now cost me $300 if I need to go to the emergency room rather than $100. The normal person probably wouldn't think much of this but the emergency room is like my mecca when I think about what might happen if I pass another kidney stone... I guess I'll have some decisions to make if/when that happens! I miss my benefits at the U of Iowa... people don't know how good they have it!
2 comments:
When did you pass a kidney stone? I just had kidney stones a couple weeks ago. Thought I was gonna DIE! For me, the ER was useless. Kept me waiting for 2 hours, took me to a room, kept me waiting for another hour, FINALLY gave me painkillers they said were breastfeeding friendly only to tell me at discharge that they weren't. They also lost my insurance card and billed me over $6000 cuz I am now "uninsured." The ER sent me home to die and it took almost a week to pass the stone.
Kristin - Send me your email address at kathy.laabs@usiaffinity.com if you get this! K
Post a Comment