Sunday, December 12, 2010

And it Begins....

What's the best way to get ready for Kathy's 3 day work trip? Veda vomiting for 3 hours with food poisoning last night...after a work party at my boss's house last night.  Clearly something didn't agree with her, but whatever it was, it's not there anymore.  After 3 bedding changes, 2 baths and about 10 towels, I got her back to sleep.  At 4am, Veda woke me up with, "I need milk dad!"....at least by then I knew it was food poisoning and not the flu....Kathy left for the airport at 4:45am and is still sitting there waiting for her flight to take off (from LAX into the Chicago snow storm).  Our little built in alarm clock (Adele) showed no mercy...waking up at 6:15 this morning doing her best motor boat impression.  I think they call this a crash course in single parenting....

No comments: