
We weren't sure how long we'd last at the parade and were surprised at how much fun Veda was having! My camera died after I took these few photos. She was dancing and clapping and waving at everyone who went by in the parade. It was burrrrrr cold but the sun came out and we dodged the rain so it was a pretty perfect fall evening in downtown Iowa City.It just feels so great to be home. The crisp fall air - the corn ready for harvest - the excitement for Hawkeye football. Wish I could tailgate tomorrow - seriously tailgate - but I'll just be dragging my pregnant self around the parking lots for a few hours before I head home to watch the game on my parent's warm and cozy couch.
The pics above are at the Homecoming parade. The two gals are friends of mine from grade school. Becky on the far left and I had the same birthday and lived on the same street so we had all our birthday parties together - she has three girls now! Kristi is on the far left with her daughter Veda - yes VEDA! This is where we snagged the name. Glad that we could get a picture with the two pretty Vedas. She thought it was pretty cool that baby V shared her name;)
I'd also like to mention that we had a fabulous trip home on Thursday which made up for the last visit. No delays, broken strollers, or stolen luggage! Veda slept take off to touch down on the 3.5 hour flight - watched movies and giggled at everyone. Things went so smoothly that I was actually able to order and drink a latte during our layover - imagine that!
1 comment:
I'm so sad I missed seeing you this weekend. Wretman said I just missed you at his tailgate. :(
Post a Comment