So we have been in the process of correcting Veda's grammar (so she talk real nice like mom and dad)....Here are some of the common mistakes made:
Instead of "I", she says "my".....for example, "My wanna go outside" or "My want a Popsicle." Everything is "up"....for example, in the morning, she says "my wanna go upstairs", when in fact she wants to go downstairs. The other is "my wanna hold you", instead of "will you hold me".
Tonight everyone wanted to be "held" by mom. Adele was screaming to be held (by mom only) and of course, Veda wanted to be held too. Instead, she got me holding her "upstairs" watching football (which I convinced her was better than Wonder Pets). As Kathy came downstairs, she says "yippeee, hi mommy, my wanna hold you"....I said, no, Veda, it's "WILL YOU hold me".....she said..."no, dat's not Will, it's Mommy and my is going to hold her". I think we still have some work to do....

1 comment:
LOL! Good stuff. Evy uses "mys" instead of mine. And cannot get on and off correct.
Post a Comment