Friday, January 7, 2011

Game On!

Inspired by the progress a friend was having with her son, I decided to take the leap and start the serious potty training. We have been diaper free since Tuesday morning.

Day 1 we had lots of minor accidents but once she realized she was peeing and didn't have a diaper on she would stop and ask to go to the big girl potty. The Toy Story stickers were a big help - Thanks Didie! She made it through naptime and the night without incident.

Day 2 we went to Target to pick up big girl undies and in the excitement of the moment while we discussed the process of the big gril undies/potty she peed in the store. Thankfully we were in the carpeted area. She announced what she was doing as the puddle started to form and I scanned the area for witnesses. There wasn't much I could do since it was on the carpet so I tossed the undies in the cart and away we went. I decided to let her finish the shopping trip in her wet pants as a teaching moment. Not a stellar idea as the temper tantrum that resulted was insane. The rest of the night she went bare bottom and several times we went to the bathroom and found her training potty full of pee - she didn't even tell us - success!

Day 3 she had yet to poop. I know she has been holding it back since she hasn't had a diaper on. I noticed that she had gotten up from breakfast and was eating while standing. Sure enough she went in her undies. That was the only accident of the day and she is now celebrating her accomplishments and telling us when she has to go. So if we can get #2 in the hole we will be all set!

No comments: