Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Out of Towners


Grandpa Bull and Nana Sayre rolled into town today. Veda and I surprised them by joining Todd on the ride to the airport. Nana was pretty excited and stared at Veda the entire way home. My Mom went straight into caretaker mode - she insisted on folding the laundry and learning Veda's routine so she could help with changing and the like. We have my Dad helping too and in addition to making himself useful by slicing pastrami, etc... we can always count on him for a minute by minute update on the Cubs' game. One of his first questions was whether we get WGN. Tomorrow is their anniversary - 37 I think? Congrats to you both!
Vedaism of the day... when she has a nightmare that scares her awake she throws her hands and feet in the air and shows us her jazz hands;)

3 comments:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Kath, I am so glad the fam is in town...enjoy it!

Abby said...

Congratulations you guys! Veda is beautiful!

KFitz9005 said...

Congrats to you both! What a beautiful little girl! And of course...I love her name!! Kath, you mom was so sweet to call my mom to tell her the name. It's funny because we got a lot of strange looks when we told people we were naming her that or people just humoring us and saying that it was "unique" and a "strong" name. It's good to know that some people really do like it! Please call me if you come in town. I'd love to get our babies together!