Last night was great! Still fighting a fever but we gave up on the bassinet - she was not having it - and moved the "Close and Secure Sleeper" into bed with us. Bingo! She slept from 12:30 to 7:30 with just one break at 3 am for feeding, burping, and changing that ended at 4. I woke refreshed with just 6 hours of sleep and then took another late morning nap. THANK YOU to Joe and Heather for making sure we had this necessity and to Betsi for making sure I had it on my registry. Let's hope night number two goes as well. It's tight in the bed but I'm willing to sleep with my rearend hanging off the side if it means I actually get to sleep.
I wasn't feeling so hot come dinner time but I did have an appetite for the first time in a week so Todd brought me dinner in bed. Macaroni and Cheese with Kielbasa and grilled peanut butter and jelly and a big glass of cold milk. Some of my childhood favorites. Wierd requests but Todd made it anyway and he made himself a hamburger - ha ha. At the Dr. yesterday I learned I've already dropped 17lbs of my 29 lbs of pregnancy weight. I'm pretty sure I just put at least 5 back on!
Here's a pic of her on her surf board for tummy time and a pic of her in her Auntie Janice Loves me onesie that she wore until she peed on it while I was chaning her around noon. For the record, she also pooped on me today. We've found that if we dilly dally during changes we are likely to get a second helping so we have to be on guard;)
3 comments:
John was the only one of my kids who slept in a bassinet. The other two slept with me - for the same reason as you - it was the only way MOM could get any sleep and mom definately needs all the zzzzzzzzz's she can get. Dad too, I guess! jane
I love the pic of Veda holding her paci as she sleeps. Cute.
We had the safe and secure sleeper too! I LOVED it! Especially the fact it has a nightlight on it and a handle to carry it. It always went with us when we traveled because it was so portable. :)
Post a Comment