Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tiny Person

Adele just looks bigger in all the pictures than she really is. She is sooooo tiny. She weighed 6lbs 9oz when we left the hospital yesterday. I still get nervous changing her diaper, cleaning her and nursing her because she is so fragile. We didn't get much sleep last night and I'm now blogging at 11pm which is a sign that we might not get much sleep tonight either. Luckily I have lots of help and was able to take an afternoon snooze.

The pain from my incision has been minimal and the recovery has been much easier than I remember it the first time around. Both times I left the hospital a day early. I would have opted to stay this time around just to get some rest but they gave me a roommate two hours before I was discharged. They had 29 babies in the maternity ward on Wednesday night and that's the most they've ever had - they ran out of rooms and really I'm lucky that I made it through my stay without having to share. I really love the hospital and the care I received but I don't know if I would opt to go back there knowing that the rooms aren't guaranteed to be private.

The good news is that once again Todd got to sleep in the bed next to me. On the first night of our stay we had to call maintenance twice. First because Todd's TV wasn't working on "his" side of the room and second because his hospital bed got stuck in an upright position at 1am in the morning. I'm sure the nurses had better things to worry about so I found it comical that we had them taking care of Todd... and getting him water. In his defense he felt like a jerk asking them to call maintenance again so he actually tried to sleep in the reclined bed for a bit with his head at the end of the bed and his feet elevated in the air.

No comments: