I knew yesterday was not going to be a good one early on. We were leaving for Scottsdale in the evening and in addition to packing up Veda for her first trip I also had to get the house ready for an open house on Sunday. Seems like every time I would complete a task on my to-do list another item would surface. As I was rushing around to get ready for my Drs appointment that I had inconveniently scheduled for the morning I had a small disaster. I had set out my very very favorite nail polish that I would wear to the wedding on Sat. "My Private Jet" is the name of the shade which is a dark dark purple with sparkles. I think 70% of the reason I love this shade is the name... Anyway... I knocked if off my bathroom counter onto the freshly cleaned ceramic tile floor. It bounced. It shattered. I ruined my pants, the bathroom rug, and most disturbing of all - "My Private Jet" was no more. I actually considered trying to paint my nails one last time from the pool of polish on the floor but then considered that I would have some explaining to do if I left a large purple spot on the floor. So I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. The entire house smells like nail polish remover. All the while Veda was screaming in her crib and because I was racing against the time of the quickly drying substance - she had to soak in her tears for awhile;(
So - that was just one of many unexpected delights yesterday but I'll also share the whooper. I fetched Todd at work on the way out of the city... we were rushing to get on the road at a decent time so we could get to Scottsdale before sun up the next morning! I had gotten Veda out of her car seat to feed her. I handed her to Todd to buckle her back in. He handed me his computer bag in exchange. I sat in on the pavement next to the car while I ran to get Veda's burp cloth. I forgot about the computer bag. Todd didn't notice it. He ran over it. His lap top is toast. I am a bad wife and I will be writing a letter to GMC letting them know that their super fancy reverse detection system needs some work.
We finally made it to AZ and Veda was a princess!
So - that was just one of many unexpected delights yesterday but I'll also share the whooper. I fetched Todd at work on the way out of the city... we were rushing to get on the road at a decent time so we could get to Scottsdale before sun up the next morning! I had gotten Veda out of her car seat to feed her. I handed her to Todd to buckle her back in. He handed me his computer bag in exchange. I sat in on the pavement next to the car while I ran to get Veda's burp cloth. I forgot about the computer bag. Todd didn't notice it. He ran over it. His lap top is toast. I am a bad wife and I will be writing a letter to GMC letting them know that their super fancy reverse detection system needs some work.
We finally made it to AZ and Veda was a princess!
1 comment:
How sweet Todd, the picture of you and baby Veda. She's not a Daddy's girl/princess or anything huh? Hehe. You're going to have your hands full when they boys start coming around. Lincoln is only 17 months and when we go to the mall play area, the girls flock to him! It is hilarious, they kiss and hug on him and he gets ticked when they won't let go! I'm like, my gosh, it's started already! Scott's like "that's my boy". Grr.
Post a Comment