
Every time I take Veda out of her baby bath I'm reminded that Aunt Kelly once described a Dophin as feeling like a wet hot dog. I think Veda feels like a watermelon rolled in Oil. I'm terrified that she's going to slip out of my hands one of these days - especially as she gets heavier!
By the way - some of you were wondering about our formula dilemma. We solved it. I switched to Good Start and started her on two ounces at a time - followed by 4 ounces of breastmilk. She took it just fine so after a few days of that I switched to whole bottles. So now I just throw a bottle of formula in the mix when I'm not producing enough breastmilk to keep her satisfied;) My Aunt Diane sent me this great baby food cookbook and we will start making up our own carrots, apples, and avacados in just a couple of weeks - she's growing up so fast!
She's starting to sit up on her own too! Only for a little bit before she falls on her face;)
3 comments:
Hey Kathy, you starting to get annoyed yet with my comments? :) hehe. You're probably thinking "Ok, I need to get a blogger restraining order against this girl I've only met once who keeps sending me these long posts." hehe. I'm really not a psycho. :) 2 suggestions for you for the 'fish out of water' issue.
1. When giving miss Veda a bath, try laying a thin towel (most of my 'baby' towels are really thin that we got at Target for example) in the tub first. Get the towel wet with the warm bath water and then lay her on it. Wrap her up and expose one by one only the part you're washing, being wrapped in the towel helps to keep them nice and warm. (You will have to pour water over the towel once in awhile to keep it from getting cold quickly) :) Then when you're done, pick her up (still in the towel) and kind of sit her on the edge of the tub holding securely with one arm wrapped around her. (Like I really needed to tell you that, but ya know, for good measure) hehe. But caution because the towel will be soaked still. Have your other towel ready to grab with your other hand switch her into. Then when you switch, the soaked towel can just fall back into the tub rather than on your floor. :) Wa-la, slick maneuvering. :)
2. Secondly, you could just get a pair of those cheap bath gloves, which would probably be easier than the thing I just spewed in great detail about, I think you can get them at the dollar stores even. Or, what the heck, combine the two suggestions. You could still use the towel idea to keep her warm, but instead of picking her up in it and doing the whole swap thing, you could just have your handy dandy gloves on or near to pick her up with. :)
I totally don't mean to come across as miss know-it-all, but anything to do with babies is my 'forte' and my passion behind becoming a nurse. I used to work in the maternity unit/newborn nursery at the University, so these ideas are from that experience. I just hope that there will be a job somewhere in this specialty available when I'm done in August.
Anyway, whether you use the tips or dismiss them, I wouldn't be offended. But I thought I'd still offer in case. Believe me, I was TERRIFIED of the same thing happening with Lincoln! They are soooo slippery!
Hope you guys had great holiday celebrations and may 2009 be more than wonderful for your family! Take care. :)
Andrea Adams
ps: I know you've said you don't know how to respond to posts. Not sure on this, but on some blogs I've seen, the author of the blog posts a comment right below the one they want to comment on. Then the person who made the original comment receives an email saying the author responded/commented back. Similar to facebook photo comments. Like I said, I don't know enough about blogger to know if this works.
Andrea,
Nana Sayre thinks your Blog Comments were WONDERFUL! I will have Veda for a few days this month and later. Your bath hints will definitely help me. I'm on my way out to buy some of those gloves! Thanks for your suggestions!
So Andrea... let me know if you get a response to this in your email? Maybe it's a setting I need to turn on? Anyway - I love your smart advice. The towels and gloves are excellent ideas. Seems obvious but I wouldn't have thought of them! Bring it on and thanks for the feedback! Too bad we don't love closer - I know Todd, Veda and I would really enjoy hanging out with the three of you! Any chance you'll move to Cincinatti someday with the rest of the P&Gers?!
Post a Comment