I am totally amazed that she has grown out of many of her newborn clothes as she is only 5 weeks old. Sure - I've heard many of my friends say this happened to their children but I figured that it was because they have big robust boys. Not my little girl? It's such a scam... they get you to spend all this money on these cute adorable things and they can only wear them for a month or two?! Todd has decided that this is the business we should be in. Lucky for us we have received so many beautiful clothes for her that she won't run out! And thanks to Aunt Melissa for all the hand-me-downs.
My mother also saved a load of my baby clothes to pass down which is pretty cool. I should also mention that my Mom went as far as to save the wrapping paper from my baby gifts when I was a baby. I copied the idea for Veda and will use pieces of both when I get around to scrapbooking... some day;) Oh - and she saved my umbilical cord too when I was born. When my brother and I were in grade school we thought it was cool - now I think it's gross. Sorry Mom. She had a little box in her top dresser drawer where she kept locks of our hair, our baby teeth as we lost them, and the umbilical cords. I don't remember any toe or finger nail clippings but it wouldn't have surprised me. I wonder what happened to that box???
2 comments:
Isn't it something...I've been holding Kate just a little bit longer at bedtime lately. I think it's because I know she is moments away from being a toddler. Enjoy every moment Kath.
Your post today kinda made me tear up a bit!
And while you like her to be awake now - you will love looking at her when she's asleep more and more the older (and louder) she gets!
Post a Comment