Monday, November 17, 2008

Dr. Report


The Dr's visit wasn't as bad as I though it would be. She only cried - well screamed - for about 20 seconds. After her fourth shot they gave her a dose of something orally that tastes sugary so she loved that and then stuck her thumb in her mouth and went straight to sleep.

The Dr. said she is growing well. She weighed in at 13 lbs and 8 0z. She is 24 1/2 inches long. She is 75% for height, weight, and her head. Very proportional!

I told the Dr. I was concerned about her getting shots because she had a bad rash and we are going to Mexico next Monday. He said she has Excema (not a rash) and that all side effects of the shots will be long gone by the time we leave. He clued me in on one of his favorite toys which is called a SteriPen. You put it in water and it kills all the bacteria using ultra violet light. I went ahead and ordered one for our trip. I'm still feeding Veda breast milk - but out of a bottle - so I was wondering how I would get sterile water in Mexico to clean all the equipment. He said it works so well that he would drink water out of the tap in Mexico if it had been treated with the pen. I don't think we'll be that bold but makes me feel better that we'll have it anyway.

I was also given the flu shot by Veda's Dr. The one without the preservatives that is safe for nusing mothers. He told me Todd needs to get one too so we don't pass on anything to the baby. I can't even get Todd to the Dentist but I'm hoping he will take the time to get his shot for Veda's sake. If you would like to help me push him alone - it would be appreciated;))

3 comments:

Tara said...

Okay, so I finally signed up so I could leave comments. Poor little girl-is she 4 months-I can't remember. She is an absolute doll! Todd get a shot for your daughter and will tell Ryan to go for his son? Oh, and where do you get that pen? Kisses to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy,
Connor has eczema too. I really like Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash and the lotion. They are in the baby aisle at Target, they have the dark blue caps. I love the lotion because it is not greasy like the many, many other lotions I tried. I am glad the Dr. was not so bad. Nice to know I am not the only one who cannot get her husband to go to the dentist or get the flu shot. It has been awhile since i have gone on a go to the dentist rant. Maybe I will work on that this week. Have a great time in Mexico!!
Love, Cory

Anonymous said...

Flu shots are overrated...teeth on the other hand, those last a liftime!! Veda probably doesn't want a dad who will be wearing dentures to chaperone her Jr High Dance, go to the dentist Todd.