Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last day in Mexico (8 of 8)


Todd did the posting this morning and clearly he didn't have much to say. That's where I come in;) It was a great trip but we were very ready to come home. We arrived on Monday and there must have been 2000 people at customs. Veda was our free pass to Go. They actually have security people that roam around and pull people out of line with babies and let you go to the front. It happened to us on the way home as well when we were faced with at least an hour wait in the ticketing line. So if you don't have a baby and you are going to Mexico... you might think about borrowing one;)
We took a shuttle to the hotel. As we suspected there weren't any seat belts for the car seat so I just held her tight in the baby bjorn - same on the way back. Other than that we didn't leave the resort. The resort was very very nice and we didn't worry at all about the water, etc... I still used the SteriPen to sterilize all the water I used for washing the pump, her bottles, and for her bath. It takes quite a while so I am happy to be done with that!
Veda made it through with flying colors... literally - on the last day her poo turned oscar the grouch green but we are happy to report that it's back to normal. She never seemed to feel uncomfortable though. We never would have thought that it would have been an issue but probably the worst part of the trip was the mosquitos. Todd got it the worst but Veda had little baby bites all over her head and arms. Again - she didn't seem to notice.
We worked out, laid by the pool, and played a lot of Euchre. Most of all we ate and drank, ate and drank, ate and drank. It would have been nice to get out and explore but we really didn't want to risk it with V. Probably being a little too cautious but that's ok - there will be many more trips to Mexico.
There was no Thanksgiving turkey as Todd referenced below - there was a turkey dinner at the resort but we opted for local fare. It did NOT feel like an American holiday. So that's that and we are home relaxing and enjoying our vacation from our vacation before we start the work week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well sounds like you had a fun time. I see that I have misplaced your mailing address. I have a box of misc. for Veda. A few of which your mother sent to me for Wyatt.

Glad you had fun in Mx, we will have to try and cooridinate a trip!
later, jill