Monday, November 17, 2008

The weekend





So we survived San Diego and Veda got to play the Yazz Flute. The baby shower was beautiful and it was great to see old friends. I use to babysit for the girls in the photo and the other photo is with thier Mom. I guess you can't really call it babysitting since the kids were in highschool and college... I guess I was a house sitter who made sure that the house was safe from parties and that everyone was safe and IN the house at a decent hour. Ha ha.

After the shower we headed downtown. We stopped at a bar so Todd could have lunch and watch football and then walked around the Gaslamp District. I don't think I need to go back. There were lots of "druggies" hanging around and not a lot of good shopping. Just lots of resturants. I'm sure there are nicer areas of San Diego and maybe we will check them out next time - I'm ok with the beach cities up the coast. Megan came down to meet us. We went to dinner with Veda in tow and then headed back to the hotel to watch a movie - a cozy evening!

The next day we met Megan in Solana Beach for breakfast at a sports bar - so Todd could watch football - again. Then we stopped in Long Beach on the way home for a visit with my oldest and dearest friend Jackie and her girlfriend Gina. It was sooooooo good to reconnect. Again - Todd watched football while we had our visit. Are we sensing a pattern?
Then we got home around 3 but couldn't go home since the realtors were having an open house so we went to Jen and Steve's to - yes - you guessed it - watch football.

No comments: