Thursday, December 18, 2008

Back at it...






Thank you Ryan for taking the wheel for a few days. I returned from my trip to Chicago yesterday. I've posted some pictures with friends from my trip. I've also posted a pic of Veda with her friend Evy. We went to visit Evy and my friend Emily the day before I left and I haven't had a chance to get this pic up. Pretty cute;) You can't tell in thsi pic but Evy is winning at the hair growing contest and she is only 6 weeks old - Veda 4 months.
The trip to Chicago was fun. Good to see co-workers and friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Also good to get some work done and connect with clients. I really thought I would have a difficult time being away from Veda but it wasn't so bad. I knew she was in good hands so I wasn't the least bit worried. I just missed snuggling with her. I think she grew in the few days I was away and I've decided that she is definately teething. Her drool has become a steady stream and every time you hold her she tries to chew on your shoulder, neck, or face;)
I am really starting to miss California - yes - I said it. Tuesday was the scariest day of my life. I drove home in 7.5 hours of blizzard with ice on the ground. I was never sure if I was actually driving in my lane (the road was covered) and every time I was forced to brake I would feel the tire's skidding. Of course the semis were just blazing past - no wonder that there was a pile-up on I80 involving 7 of them. I was caught in that traffic. It was bad. It should have taken only 3.5 hours to get home. I was actually relieved when I hit the closure on the interstate and we were re-routed on a county road. We could only go about 3 miles an hour which seemed much safer to me given the 4 inches of packed snow covering the road.

I was supposed to travel to Ohio tomorrow morning for my company xmas party and meetings. Given my experience on Tuesday and that I need to be home Friday so that we can make it to Veda's baptism on Sat. I have decided to cancel the trip. A major storm is expected to hit the Midwest and I was scheduled to travel through Ohare -not a good combination. I'm hoping my boss understands!

No comments: