Saturday, December 20, 2008

Veda's Baptism


Veda was baptised this morning. We had a private service at the church in Britt, IA where Todd grew up. The weather was touch and go today and Mom, Dad, and Ryan braved the trip from Iowa City this morning. They made an immediate exit after the ceremonies to try and beat the wind storm. They aren't home yet but by the looks of the doopler they should make it home ok. It was a very special day and we feel blessed to have our immediate family with us at this important milestone in Veda's life.

Here's a pic of sweet Veda in her Baptism outfit (which was mine when I was a baby). The blanket and super cute headwear are gifts from Veda's God Parents, Uncle Chris and Aunt Kelly (headwear made by Kel's friend Krissy and can be purchased at http://www.tipandfifi.etsy.com/). The bracelet from Grandpa and Grandma Laabs.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a special event. I was a sponsor for my sister's baby and I was honored. Glad y'all made it home safely.

Ms. Mayhem said...

Precious...seriously, it's the only word needed to describe that picture.

Anonymous said...

What a CUTIE!!! It must have been THE weekend--Sasha got baptized, too. I got quite emotional, thinking about how this was the first of many big events in her life...first day of school, prom, graduation. She was such a trooper and didn't cry at all when she was doused with holy water! Sheila

Emily said...

She is adorable. Glad everything went well.