Monday, December 29, 2008

Dry spell


I know I know... how can I neglect the blog for five full days... well it's been a busy week. My brother went back to Japan yesterday and we had an early morning flight today. We showed up at the airport this morning and were greeted by hundreds of Hawk fans who were flying out to the bowl game. Bad timing on our part. The good news is that I ran in to a lot of old friends in the airport. The bad news is that it took an hour to get through security. Then our seats were changed at the last minute from Chicago to LA and we had to sit 6 rows apart. We took turns with Veda.

I was so tired I didn't know which way was up. Veda started to get really crabby. So much so that a flight attendent came over and suggested I take off her sleeper because she might be hot. I was a little miffed by the suggestion but I complied and it worked for about 30 seconds. Then the lady sitting in front of me (who was very friendly and with her own small children) offered to hold Veda and take her for a walk. Strange but again - I was so tired I didn't care. The funny part was that she was walking around in the aisle with Veda in front of Todd and he didn't notice the stranger with his child. We both sat comfortably in our seats resting while this nice woman kept her happy;) Turns out I got a little confused by the time change and the real reason she was crabby was because I was about an hour late with her feeding - that'll do it!

Here's a pic from her bath when we got home. I'll post some random pics from the Iowa trip in some follow-up posts... there are a lot of them!

No comments: