Tuesday, November 4, 2008

McCain/Obama Election 2008


She's ticked off that they wouldn't let her vote... but I let her have the sticker;) Picture taken outside our polling place. I was relieved to arrive at 10am and find there was no wait. Todd waited in line for 45 min when he went at 7am. Last night I had to get out the election booklet that we received in the mail and study all the propostitions. I can't help but wonder what issues Veda will be voting on in 18 years. We voted on same sex marriage rights, a train system connecting northern and southern California, and also animal rights... among other things. I plan to take her with me every time I vote over the next 18 years so she understands the importance of having her voice heard- a great privilage which we should never take for granted!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Amen to that!

Ms. Mayhem said...

I've been keeping my eye on Prop 8 all morning...