So it's been awhile since my first round of favorite things... and I've been particularly positive lately so lots of "things" are making me happy;) For instance:
1) California - I have been sour on the state for oh say - two years. I have to admit though... vehicle smog inspections, SDI tax, and earthquakes aside... this is not an alltogether bad place. For one, I get to take six weeks of paid leave in 2009 to bond with Veda. Crazy I know. I already took my paid disability from the pregnancy but California throws in this extra time to make sure you are really good at changing diapers;) I will take my first three weeks at the end of March and haven't decided when I even have time to take the other three. Also - it's November 12th and our neighborhood pool was jam packed with kids today after school. The park was the most happening place in the 93012. I'm so lucky that I can take Veda on my runs and that she can enjoy the fresh air. I'm pretty sure we couldn't do that in Iowa this time of year.
2) This is also related to number 1. The produce stands on the side of the road - everywhere. We live in an area where there is a lot of agriculture. I can't even tell you what kind because it changes all the time. Peppers, Onions, Strawberries, Oranges, Cabbage - you name it! Let's just say we live close enough that you can tell what they are harvesting on any given day because of the smell;) The produce stands have fresh fruit and veggies from the fields. I'm not completely convinced that some of it isn't shipped in from elsewhere - actually I know it is - because as my boss pointed out - they don't grow bananas on farms in California.
3)My job! I'm so very very lucky to be able to work from home and take care of Veda at the same time. I know it won't always be possible - as she grows up and becomes more demanding of my time it will be a problem. I am also lucky that my travel will allow me to bring Veda back to the midwest to spend time with the Grandmas and Grandpas that she otherwise wouldn't see very often. My boss, my boss's boss, and my boss's boss's boss - have been so supportive and understanding. I count my blessings everyday and it also makes me work twice as hard because I'm determined to show my appreciation through results;) I'm not trying to kiss ass here by the way - I'm pretty sure none of the aforementioned have time to read the blog;)
4) Blogging. Isn't this great? What an easy way to keep everyone up to date without clogging your inboxes with photos!
5)Our neighbors K and T! They love Veda and watched her the other night while we went to a movie! Hooray for that!
1 comment:
I am so glad that you are so happy Kath. :)
Post a Comment