Sunday, December 14, 2008

Uncle Ryan at the Wheel

Kathy's work took her to Chicago for the weekend and Veda kindly agreed to stick around to look after mom, dad, and me. The bean has appointed me temporary guardian of her blog (pssst... shout out to Kelly, my fellow guest-blogger!!). As Kath mentioned in an earlier post, I'm living in Japan, so this was my first time to get to bounce the little bean on my knee. For those of you who haven't been on the receiving end of her full-body smile or heard her spot-on impression of chattering adults, you're in for a real treat. She is nothing short of sweetness and light! Until this week, my interactions with the little one had been confined to the two dimensions of the computer telephone. I ran a few tests with the hallway mirror to see if she had even been able to see me at all. The results suggest that either (1) she doesn't understand two dimensional images, or (2) she is free of all vanity and has no interest in mirrors. Given how much of a flirt she is, I think we can easily rule out (2)! I've got big plans to train her with the mirror over the next few days and to teach her how to log onto skype so we can keep chatting it up in cyberspace when I go back across the ocean at the end of the month.







1 comment:

Mrs.C said...

These pictures are THEE most BEAUTIFUL photos- not only of the subject, but the actual photography! Who took them?!

~Megan