Friday, February 26, 2010

A fun project for this not so crafty Mom?

I made rice krispy treats last night and it got me thinking about the popcorn balls Mom used to make when we were little. Same idea but with popcorn and food coloring and you roll them into big balls. Such a treat. Other crowd favorites were the bologna and peanut butter sandwiches Dad would make us smothered in butter... toasted too. Sounds really gross and bad for you but surpirsingly delicious. I know there were other favorites but I can't think of them right now. I do remember that we always seemed to have tuna and Miracle Whip on hand which was a favorite of mine for lunch and we always bought our orange juice frozen in concentrate... made for quick and easy orange julius. Someday I will put together a "cookbook" of favorite foods from my (and Todd's) childhood for Veda and her sister. That would be a fun gift I think and fun to try to recreate some of the specialities.

No comments: