Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pee pee and poo poo

New words we use daily in our home. Yesterday at her appointment the Dr. warned me specifically about beginning potty training when planning to bring home a new baby. He said she will regress if we do happen to make progress but that we should still feel free to talk about it. So last night I stripped Veda down for her bath and like I do most nights, I asked her if she needed to go potty. She walked over and sat down on her potty. It's usually a 50% chance that will happen or the alternative is that she picks up the potty pieces and throws them in the tub... I just watch and then calmly remove them. Last night she sat down on the potty and she went PEE!!!! I could hardly believe it. Just to be clear - we haven't really tried to potty train her - we just have her potty in her bathroom and we point it out and talk about it before her bath - that's all.

After this milestone moment I started thinking about how it wouldn't be so bad to keep her in diapers... a long time! Visions of public restrooms at Disneyland and the airports blurred my mind. Ick. Even worse - what if she has to go and there are no bathrooms and she isn't wearing a diaper? Too much to handle. Maybe this was just a fluke and I still don't have to worry about it for a while... I hope... I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go veda!!! i was in no hurry either. public potties, ick! we took it slow and once he got it he was done. I can count the number of accidents on 1 hand. hope all is well and that veda loves school!!! it looks really great! take care, cory