Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Milestone Moment

Soooo... for all of you who made fun of my rectal thermometer... I will have you know that the professionals at the ER last night used the same tecnique - so there! Yes - I said ER. I put Veda down to bed early last night and 30 minutes later I heard her over the monitor gasping for air. By the time I got to her she was having a massive freak out and could not catch a breath. She eventually started throwing up on me because she was trying so hard to breathe. To the ER we go! Of course Todd was out of town which made this all the more enjoyable. Good thing Uncle Ry is still in town so he could pull Adele duty.

After a couple hours on the mist machine, tylenol supository to get the fever down (yes another rectal injection;) and a steroid shot - we were good to go. She was a crowd favorite in the ER. On her best behavior she was quick to thank everyone who assisted her and when the ER tech gave her the shot he thanked her for being a good girl - she sobbed "your welcome, your welcome." I tried to drop her off at daycare today but she freaked out so I brought her home and she crashed. Slept most of the day and is on the mend.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my! So glad she is better. Evy has had a temp and runny nose for days and I thought she was kind of having a hard time catching her breath too. Hmmmm.....

Ms. Mayhem said...

What was the diagnosis Kath?