Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rotten Day

Todd and I went to dinner last night to celebrate his upcoming birthday (Tuesday). We got a late start. As we were leaving I noticed Veda was a little warm and then with in a matter of minutes she seemed really really hot. I called Todd to the bedroom so we could perform the temperature taking ritual. Diaper off - insert thermometer - wait FOREVER for the reading to climb while Veda sobs. We finally gave up at 101 and vowed to get a REAL thermometer today. She eventually fell to sleep so we could leave to grab a quick bite in Westlake.

It was a long day. She wouldn't eat or drink anything so we spent the morning employing our best trickery. We finally got her medicine down by injecting it in a juice box with a syringe. We let her eat jello with her hands while I pushed her around in the BOB. We managed to break the fever but it's on its way back. Probably another restless night ahead. At least we have the quick read, ear reading thermometer now;)!! Worth every penny.

3 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I cannot believe you were still using the rectal thermometer. I'm lauging at the thought of it. Evy also has a 100 temp. Started Friday night and she's home sick with Scott today.

Kathy, Todd, Veda, Adele and Winston said...

Yeah yeah - I know. We just never have to use it so I didn't think much of it. We bought the digital ear reader yesterday. It's awesome. The target brand - $20.