I thought you'd be interested in my favorite things list... kind of like Oprah's but better. Of course my perspective has changed a bit in the last couple of months so unless you are a parent or spend a lot of time around babies... this might not interest you. Except for number 2 of course - which everyone can or should appreciate;)!
1. The Moby wrap. I bought this used from a fellow bookclubber. I didn't expect to get much use out of it because I also have a Baby Bjorn which serves the same purpose. This thing is great for getting Veda to settle down and go to sleep. It feels like I"m pregnant all over again... very easy to carry her around while I'm emptying the dishwasher, folding clothes, or sitting at the computer.
2. As referenced in a previous post... OPI Nail Color "My Private Jet." My fabulous mother-in-law was so troubled by the accidentlal breaking of the last batch that she mailed me a new one... my toes have never looked better!
3. Babywise the book. Gifted to me by my dear friend JB. This book offers instruction on how to get your newborn to sleep through the night at 7 to 10 weeks. The lactation nurse at the hospital growled at me when she noticed it bedside and told me she didn't agree with it... this made me uneasy but I wish I could tell her now what I think. Veda has only been waking once during the night for the past few weeks and now she is going almost 7 hours between her night and morning feedings... to each his own!!
4. My Avent Bottle Sterilizer gifted by my BFF BBS... who would want to use the dishwasher when you can zap all your things in 2 minutes... makes life a breeze.
5. A shout out to Bagolitas.com... my super trendy diaper bag that gets me compliments everywhere I go. I've run out of business cards - send me more!
6. OnStar... we bought a new car after Veda was born and it came with a year of OnStar for free. I love that I can just have a person talking into my car at the touch of a button... it even offers a separate phone line for the car and will direct me to any location I give it... GPS without the screen. Oh - and if I get locked out of the car all I have to do is call them and give them my password. Now I just need to use it;)
More to come...
2 comments:
Excellent post. I'm taking notes!
aaahh babywise. funny how it is so misunderstood. it's the way to go and i'm proud to hear you're using it!! eat, wake, sleep baby!
Post a Comment