Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We're here!



We made it and averted any major disasters. We almost had one at Ohare. We went to board the plane and we kindly told that we had been taken off the flight. I burst into tears and I foresaw an evening in Chicago with my two month old screaming daughter and no luggage. I should have known better and should have kept my calm... they kicked off one of the stand-by passengers to give my seat back. Whew. I was embarassed but relieved. She slept through both of the flights and was a total doll. The flight attendants and passengers seated nearby were all eagar and willing to hold her while I used the restroom, rearranged my luggage, etc... Everyone was so nice and helpful and I never carried my own bags;) I had someone snap a photo to capture her first flight. Yes - I am as tired as I look! I am currently working on finishing a bottle of wine - I needed it. My best friend Betsi came over to meet Veda tonight for the first time and we are looking forward to a fun weekend and getting our kids together. I'll post more about our weekend adventure as it unfolds!
This other random photo was taken on Sunday Funday. We took Veda to watch Sunday football at Bjs bar and resturant. I thought it was cute.

1 comment:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Kath, EC and I are going to lunch tomorrow at noon, can you make it? I will give you a call otherwise I would love to connect on Saturday/tailgating. cm.